8:00am – 8:45am
Event Registration and Networking Breakfast
8:45am – 9:00am
Welcome & Opening Remarks
9:00am – 9:30am
Morning Keynote Speaker
Paul Dillon, Associate Dean, Business, Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, Hudson County Community College
9:30am – 10:30am
Franchise Business: The Secret Sauce to Success
Beth R. Stearns, Esq., Chair – Retail & Restaurant Law Practice Group, McNelly & Goldstein
- John Helm, multi-unit franchisee, Jersey Mike’s
- Marcela (Marce) Zuchovicki, President and CEO, Jalima Aranis/Jalima & Associates
10:00am – 3:00pm
Marketplace Hall Open
10:30am – 11:15am
Morning Break and Networking in Marketplace Hall
11:15am – 12:15pm
Legislative Update Panel: Labor and Workforce
- Gary S. Young, Partner, Scarinci Hollenbeck and General Counsel, NJ Restaurant and Hospitality Association
- Marilou Halvorsen, President, NJ Restaurant & Hospitality Association
- Ryck Suydam, President, NJ Farm Bureau
- Ryan Krill, Founder/President, Cape May Brewing Co.
Lunch & Networking
1:00pm – 2:00pm
Restaurants and Beverage Panel: Trends and Challenges
- Danielle M. DeFilippis, Member, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
- Marilyn Schlossbach, Restaurateur and Executive Chef, The Marilyn Schlossbach Group
- Jeanne Cretella, President, Landmark Hospitality
- James Priest, Founder and Head Blender, The Referend Bier Blendery
- Regine Flimlin, Co Founder, juice basin
2:00pm – 3:00pm
Afternoon Keynote Speaker
Celebrity Chef David Burke, Partner, Drifthouse by David Burke Bar and Grill
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Appetite for Branding: The business and legal challenges of branding in the food and beverage industry, and protecting your restaurant decor.
- Jeanne Hamburg, Member, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
- Danielle DeFilippis, Member, Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
- Esther Psarakis, Managing Partner, Foodpreneur